Wednesday, June 22, 2011

» [FIXED] Synergy Flash Fullscreen +

On my media computer I use synergy to remote control it from my desktop. There was one big drawback -- every time I switched to the primary screen, the flash video would exit fullscreen on the secondary screen. So I either had to watch the video non-fullscreen or go to the physical mouse of the secondary box and hit the fullscreen button and then not switch to the secondary until the video was over. Yeah, that wasn't going to work.

I googled around and apparently synergy unfocuses the active window when the mouse leaves the screen. The Windows GUI lets you set an option to enable or disable this behavior. Given that I haven't used Windows as my primary OS in like 6 years, that doesn't help me. I assumed there would be a config option, but couldn't find it in the synergy docs, or anywhere else for that matter. Went to the source code to patch it and after following it a bit, found preserveFocus in CConfig.cpp (this is synergy+, not sure about any other flavor).

It does exactly what it sounds like. Added it to the second screen in the server config, and presto, flash stays fullscreen. Yay.

And, of course, now that I know what to search for, I immediately found the bug report where this option was added for Linux. Just wanted to document this feature in case anybody else needs it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this! You just ended several weeks of frustration for this former Windows, now Linux user.
March 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home